11th EACH European Conference in Manchester October 17 – October 19 2012
With reference to Article 3 of the Charter for Children in Hospital, the European Association for Children in Hospital (EACH) have found that there are significant discrepancies within member countries in how parents are assisted to support their sick child, either in hospital, any healthcare setting or in the home.
The member organisations of EACH resolve to call on their governments, health services, and relevant national agencies to put in place measures designed to fullfil the clauses of Article 3 of the Charter.
These measures include but are not limited to:
- when caring for their child, either in hospital or at home, loss of income should not be incurred;
- there must be no penalisation or discrimination within the workforce against parents of sick children;
- parents should not incur additional costs:
- when caring for their child in hospital or at home;
- for overnight accommodation in hospital;
- for the care of siblings;
- through travel and/or any other costs (medical or non medical).
Resolved on October 20, 2012 by the EACH General Assembly held in Manchester where members from the following nations were present or representeted:
Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Croatia, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, The Netherlands, Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and Japan.